- Beans, nuts, seeds, grains, and other vegetable protein sources are rich in fiber. This nutrient aids digestion, inhibits fat and carbohydrate absorption, reduces cholesterol and blood sugar in a women’s body. Moreover, it provides cleansing function and makes you feel sated faster, which will prevent you from overeating during your protein weight loss diet.
- Seafood contains omega-3 fatty acids. Their use for health is undeniable as they have antioxidant features and are capable of preventing oncological diseases. They are also needed for productive brain and heart work. Some fish and other seafood products are low in carbohydrates, saturated fats, and cholesterol, which makes them extremely good for women’s health especially in terms of weight loss.
- Dairy products are rich in calcium and vitamin D and are known for their neutralizing function. They may be low-fat and high-fat. This is what you need to watch when looking for the best food for your high protein diet. If you’re trying to lose weight, you should avoid milk products that are high in saturated fats. Besides, you’d better try to find the most fresh and natural dairy foods to be sure you get all the wholesome micronutrients.
- Poultry and other meats are among the best sources of B2 and D vitamins and iron. The latter is essential to the blood formatting process in a women’s body. However, be careful when buying meats like bacon, ham, sausages, and some others – they contain saturated fats and are generally harmful since they undergo processing during manufacture.
What Is a Protein Diet?
Today health information sources are full of various diet plans for women to improve their wellness and keep fit. Many of the popular ones are focused on consuming only one single product – for example, grapefruit diet, milk diet, buckwheat diet, and so on. To some extent, they may help women lose weight, but this will likely be a quick result with a comparatively low effect duration. The best option for women would be a high protein weight loss diet and a proper workout plan therewith.
Proteins are very important nutrients in women’s organism. They are the main structural substances that your muscles, organs, and other tissues are built from. You can choose among high protein diets for weight loss if you want to drop some fat or stick to a diet for women who want to add lean mass.
Whatever your purpose may be, protein will be your key to a healthy and beautiful body.
Choosing the Right Food for the Best Protein Diet for Women
A protein diet is a part of a women’s weight loss plan that implies consuming products rich in proteins. There are numerous sources of protein available in the shop around the corner. You just have to come there and take from the shelves the most suitable for you. A vital tip while choosing the best protein-rich foods would be to take into account what these products contain beside proteins. Here’s what you need to know:
All of the products mentioned above would fit into every high protein diet for women to lose weight. Naturally, it would be more reasonable to include into your meals different types of proteins from different sources. That means you should eat both animal and plant proteins unless you’re a vegetarian or a vegan.
To make your high protein diet even more effective you can reduce the consumed carbohydrates. This is a very popular dieting approach for women who aim at losing weight. Still, when it comes to choosing the best protein diet, be sure to consult your doctor first in order to prevent the risks of improper nutrition.
High Protein Diet for Weight Loss: Sample Meal Plan
There are various high protein diets for women to lose weight. You may search on the Web or ask your nutritionist to find the best one for you. Yet, you can make your personal protein diet plan menu on your own if you consider all the information above. You should also make some efforts to find additional materials on nutrition in order to gain a better understanding of this subject.
The best protein diet for weight loss must include 4-5 high protein meals per day – the more often you eat, the faster is your metabolism. However, they shouldn’t be like your normal meals in size, but be smaller instead. Give preference to baked, boiled, or steamed dishes in order to avoid the harmful heat treatment that kills all the vital nutrients. To get a fast and effective result, you must limit the time of your last meal – after 8 p.m. only water is allowed. By the way, water is an essential part of any diet so here you should make sure you drink enough liquids, which would be from eight to ten 8-ounce glasses a day. The following is a tentative meal plan for your diet with the approximate amount of proteins that each dish contains:
- Breakfast to start your day.
- 4 ounces of low-fat cottage cheese (14).
- 2 boiled eggs (12).
- Tea without sugar.
- Lunch to get some energy for the rest of the day.
- 1 cup of chicken broth (5).
- 8 ounces of steamed fish (35).
- 1 cup of mixed green salad with beans (5).
- One fresh fruit.
- Dinner to receive the best proteins.
- 5 ounces of steamed lean beef (35).
- 1 cup of baked mixed vegetables (4).
- 8 ounces of drinking low-fat yoghurt (12).
- Snacks between your meals.
- 8 ounces of low-fat milk (8).
- 1 cup of unsalted nuts or seeds (4).
- A sandwich with 3 ounces of chicken breast and 1 ounce of cheese (28).
Take this plan as an example and create your own high protein diet choosing the foods you like best. Remember to use only natural products without food colorings, preservatives, and other harmful ingredients. It’s also important to cook your meals not using salt and sugar as they are quite bad for women’s health. Olive oil, lemon juice or low-fat yoghurt will be the best alternatives for your salads instead of salt and high calorie mayo.
There are dozens of delicious recipes for high protein diet so that you can enjoy the process of losing weight to the fullest. However, if you feel the lack of time to put significant efforts into cooking for your new way of eating, you may resort to food supplements. Numerous protein powders and shakes are available on today’s market. Designed in different flavors, they will make your weight loss even more pleasant and efficient by providing the best protein types specifically for women.
The mechanism of working of such diets consists in submitting your body to a redundant formation of ketone bodies. Proteins are considered to be better in reducing hunger in comparison with fats and...